Friday, August 14, 2009

FRIDAY MORNING ... KATTAN?

Last night, two Facebook friends asked me the same question: how did Chris Kattan get his own miniseries?

I'm working on a review of the answer right now - it's called Bollywood Hero, and it aired on the IFC network a few days back. I don't have any clip of CK actually doing the Bollywood thing, but here's the trailer for those of you who missed it:



Aside from Kattan, though, most of the film's cast are Bollywood veterans, including Neha Dhupia, seen below with Sunny Deol:



On a personal note, I'm actually surprised, in the wake of Slumdog Millionaire, that we're not even hearing about more Bollywood crossovers into the States. But it should also be noted that, even before Slumdog, we had Bride & Prejudice, starring Aishwarya Rai, although in this number, the spotlight also shines on somebody you Losties might recognize:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i liked B&P, but I remember most people not even knowing what I was talking about. and I wondered how I'd heard about it when no one else had - I have no direct line to B'wood productions. Eh - anyway, B'wood Hero was ...I dunno. I find myself wondering the same thing - how did Kattan get his own miniseries?

I think I liked it overall, but I wasn't bowled over by any of the musical numbers. At all.