Thursday, August 28, 2008

A little help for my friends

Just wanted to take a few minutes and offer boosts on a couple of different subjects ...

Some of you know I'm big on mixtapes. Have been since they were actually tapes. But nobody is as big on them as a woman I know and admire in Portland, Julesy, aka The Mixtress. She founded a CD exchange program which, regretfully, I've fallen behind on.

I wish I could say that's the worst that's happened. Jules has fallen ill -- Acute Myelogenous Leukemia, to be exact. Though she has a number of online friends and musical connections staging benefit shows on her behalf, she still needs some help. She offers more details, including how you can help out, here. She's led a wonderful life so far, from what she's shared online with myself and others. The least any of us can do is help her keep it going.

*******



On a lighter note, two of my blogging role models are involved in a different type of campaign: they're fighting to become pin-ups.

There's a Hot Blogger Calendar campaign going on, and The SlackMistress and her husband, BeTheBoy -- collectively known as BeTheMarriage -- are in contention to be part of the final print. To vote Slack onto the female calendar, go here and double-click to vote for The SlackMistress

To vote BeTheBoy onto the male calendar, go here and double-click to vote for be the boy.