Saturday, June 13, 2009

A Moment In DOH!

I made my way to the back of the wine-and-burger(?!) joint with the second-story view. Like the yellow cab drivers below, I had to jostle for position to get around the place. When I got to the back a mild-mannered gent who asked me how it was going.

"I tell you, I don't think this place is narrow enough," I said, looking behind me at the pack of Twitterrr ... ers who had gathered for the latest local networking session. I don't have a lot in common with many of these folks, be it phones, blog topics or hangouts. But by and large, they seem generally pleasant enough company to enjoy free sliders with. "Next time we should meet in a hotel hallway and push the envelope." Less than two minutes later, I found out he was the owner of the joint.

I hate networking. But the sliders were good.

No comments: