Thursday, February 12, 2009

Movietime Thursday!


I don't feel well. My sleep schedule is completely out of kilter. So, a couple of quick things for now before continuing the Valentine's Week Jukebox.

The big item I found today, via io9, was this rumor that the Wachowski Brothers want to do another Superman reboot. As opposed to making a Superman out of Keanu Reeves.


Now, I still maintain that the first Matrix film gave the superhero genre a much-needed kick-start and template when it was released, saving subsequent hero flicks (O HAI X-Men) from the likes of Joel Schumacher. So I'd be interested to see if a Wachowskis take on Kal-El would follow the "grim-n-gritty" template DC reportedly wants to go with in a post-Dark Knight environment. Personally, I'd say that, if DC is looking for a story that can make Superman "relevant" again, Joe Kelly handed it to them years ago.

Across the pond, The Sun is reporting that the new Doctor, Matt Smith, has signed a five-year deal worth a million pounds. Hopefully some of that cash will be spent on upgrading the ol' Police Box:



Finally: while I am all about the Facebook, this video, which The Nerdy Bird turned me on to, can't help but make me cringe a bit. Here's a look at how F-book might play out in our day-to-day:

No comments: