Saturday, March 21, 2009

I'm already concerned ...


... about the upcoming American bastardizadaptation of No Heroics.

Surprisingly, it's not the news that Freddie Prinze Jr. has been cast as Ultimatum, the Excelsor equivalent. Prinze is enough of a fanboy that I'm confident he can take on that kind of role. It's other members of the cast that have me feeling leery.

See Arielle Kebbel there? Not that Claire Keelan and Rebekah Staton aren't pretty, but they looked like people you could see on the street that just happened to have superpowers. That, after all, was the whole point. Kebbel? Too "Hollywood pretty." I realize it's probably fan service, but ... well, I dunno. Am I being paranoid here?

On the other hand, if this version can get away with anything close to the original Timebomb's antics, I'm prepared to be forgiving.

No comments: