Sunday, March 22, 2009

Quick Thoughts On Dollhouse 1.6

I TAKE IT ALL BACK, JOSS, I TAKE IT BACK.

Well, that was as good as advertised, wasn't it?

* Thank goodness, no Plot o' The Week, aside from Patton Oswalt staring down Helo.
* Helo needs a partner, or another ally. Not only because he's "suspended," but because him shaking off a tazer, knocking off four or five security guys and still holding his own against a combat-imprinted Echo got ridiculous. I don't suppose the Slayers are guys in this version of L.A.?
* Solid outing for Ms. DeWitt -- "There are three flowers in a vase" and Mellie's "waking up" made me sit straight up. Well friggin' played. Was Echo's message to Ballard also an idea of hers, or was it legit?
* The "news segments," unless they have some sort of payoff later in the year, will just be an annoyance.
* Next week's ep also looks solid -- I mean, even Dominic might get a moment to shine, going by the preview.

Image courtesy of Watching DollHouse.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll volunteer to be Helo's partner!!!

Mace Elaine said...

100% agreed. This episode got me so excited I squealed along in my apartment, earning me a stink eye from my cat. I was so excited that I ran through my phone list afterward wondering who had already seen it so I could get excited all over them. Mellie? WONDERFUL. I'm very happy to see that all the dolls aren't LA perfect, as she put it. Poor Ballard, he's surrounded by dolls.
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!