Friday, March 27, 2009

SHINY MORNING MIXTAPE!

A special jumbo-sized jukebox this week, dedicated to my friend Anissa.

About four years ago, Anissa asked me to make her a mixtape. Then she asked for another. And so I found a way to fuel my mix-making and music-collecting hobby, and the Shiny Gold Mixtapes were born. Things reached the point where not only did she ask me to DJ her wedding, but three other couples have, as well. I've made mixes in fits of discovery and in the darkest of moods. It's easily, aside from writing, my favorite pastime, and I'm grateful to her for giving me an outlet for it.

So, below is the complete track listing from 'Nyssa's latest mix -- No. 30, excluding multi-part editions; those are another story. (Would that make this a MiXXX?) To make the list easier on the eyes, I've provided links to either the video or the artist for each track.

1. The Ting Tings -- That's Not My Name (Justin Kayes Remix)
2. 45 Grave -- Party Time NOTE: NSFW
3. Soulwax -- Any Minute Now
4. Burning Hearts -- I Lost My Colour Vision
5. Monareta -- Llama
6. The Detroit Cobras -- Village Of Love
7. AC Newman -- On The Table
8. Theresa Andersson -- Birds Fly Away
9. Camera Obscura -- My Maudlin Career
10. Hello Seahorse! -- Universo 2
11. Placebo -- I'll Be Yours
12. Razorlight -- Wire To Wire
13. Slushco -- Sad Songs and Lonely Places
14. My Dear Disco -- White Lies
15. The Vibrators -- Disco In Moscow
16. Adam Ant -- Desperate But Not Serious
17. Amazing Baby -- Bayonets
18. Black Eyed Peas -- Request Line
19. Asobi Seksu -- Familiar Light
20. DJ Earworm -- Funky Goes To Hollywood

So, True Believers, should I put up more mixtapes on FMJ?